The term “groundwork” covers a very wide range of services related to the construction industry, and should you be looking for such services, here is a detailed breakdown of the various aspects of groundworks.
- Excavation – The foundations of any building require a degree of excavation, which is essential for foundation and piling work. A company offering commercial groundworks in Skipton, for example, would operate several heavy machines that are used for ground excavation.
- Drainage & Utilities – The ground needs to be prepared for utility connections, plus there needs to be adequate drainage, which would largely depend on the size of the building and the type of ground.
- Footings – The footings are an integral component of any structure’s foundations, and are usually built using concrete and steel rebar. Once the ground has been excavated to the required depth, the footings can be prepared, ready for the ready-mix concrete.
- Septic Tank & Waste Water Systems – The main sewers need to be connected up to the building via a network of drainage pipes, and very often, a septic tank is part of the waste water system.
- Concrete Bases – Certain types of structures require a concrete base, which forms a solid foundation on which to build, and the concrete would be reinforced with steel bars to give it added tensile strength.
If you have a project that requires any of the above services, a Google search will help you to locate a nearby groundworks company who would be happy to quote for the project.